Saturday, December 11, 2004

And now you know the rest of the story...

first, check out this site: www.catholic-forum.com/saints/indexsnt.htm

okay, the infamous "roof" night, was soooo much more than climbing on a roof and answering to a police officer.

It was a Tuesday, much like any other Tuesday (although, it could very easily have been some other week day, because every week day that summer went the same- alcoholic haze). The story is told from my perspective and I will let the others fill in/correct the otherwise sketchy details. I was working as a bartender at Days. I opened the bar at around 5, 5:30. BJ closed down Splashpage around 6 ish and he usually made it up to my bar shortly thereafter. Now, for those of you who have known BJ for as long as I have, you know that he drinks rum and diet, very little diet. And he does not deviate from this libation, come hell or high water. He brings his own bottle to keggers and family picnics alike. Well you will be interested to know that he in fact did have another drink of choice for that brief period, it was some trash I made up, basically a tom collins with Bacardi Limon instead of vodka. I must admit, however, it was a good fucking drink... but I digress. So, BJ and I would drink for free and play trivia whiz for three hours.

So, the standard progression was to cruise down to the Dukum, where hereditariness runs in my family, after I closed down the bar at about 9, 9:30. No offense Karen, but we ALWAYS hoped Tyson was bartending, why? well our drinks were served in pint glasses and they were like 6 parts booze to 1 part ice to 1/2 part tonic, diet, or coke (gin for K, rum for BJ, and crown for me). So Karl comes over from work (Ryans?) and Beth shows up to (there were some other regulars but I don't remember) On this particular night, however, Karen was working and Jeanie was there to. Karen got off at 10 and joined our crowd-- everyone was in particularly good spirits all around. Keep in mind, the time is now midnight or so and each of us had been drinking since like 6:30. So blah blah blah, pool, Van Morrison, Trivia whiz, you get the picture, Jeanie makes last call. Karl's like why don't we all go to my house, everyone is jazzed, we invite Jeanie and she lets us stay until she actually locks up and we walk out with her and reconvene at the Banditito's. The next 6 hours are a little hazy, but we were all drinking the entire time and yes we got on the roof to watch the sunrise. We sang 7 bridges road, Me and Bobby McGee, and fucked up an Indigo Girls song so bad and I can't even remember what we were trying to sing. So the cops show up on a domestic disturbance call and go to the front door. We of course don't hear/see them as we are on the roof on the other side of the house, and we had been drinking for like 12 hours. So the cops finally hear us up there (probably as we are doing the refrain for piano man) and they laugh there asses off. Seriously, we absolutely scared the hell out of them, and in my rendetition, their only complaint was that we sang so poorly. Anyway, sunrise rolls around and Jeanie is like SHIT, I've got to go open up the Dukum. And we are all like sweet, let's go. So we open up the Dukum after having closed it and get an appropriate breakfast drink. Hunger sets in so we go to the diner on the square and decide we should part ways. While leaving, my sausage decides to part ways with my stomach and I start throwing up in front of the courthouse, Karen thinks this hilarious and goes running to BJ and jumps on his back-- now here's where it gets good: when BJ reaches around to hold on to her he gooses her or something and she pisses all over herself and down his back. I start laughing so hard I'm throwing up again. So here we all are, on the sqare at 7:00 on a Wednesday morning drunk as piss I'm keep throwing up because I'm laughing so hard and BJ and Karen are trying to wipe Karen's piss off themselves while Karl Beth and Jeanie laughing so hard they practically fall over. Good times, good times.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karl said...

As I recall it we drank at the Dukum until 9:30 or so - several rounds and lots of pool - and then went for breakfast - Karen did climb onto BJ's shoulders on our way out the door and I knew that somthing made her laugh so hard that she wet herself and consequently BJ. It might have been your vomit, not sure. I made it to the other side of the square before I projectiled onto the bank window. I haven't eatin at uptown since. It was BJ's graduation night and we did have to keep convincing Jeanie to stay - "oh come on, you have to be up there in three hours to let Will in anyway - why not just stay up all night." I do remember Seven Bridges Road - that may have started the singing portion. The cops also did think we sounded terrible.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh of course, Seven Bridges Road - how could I forget! And I still to this day can't believe that I managed to get my fat ass on that roof. Ah, good times.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home