Sunday, December 05, 2004

I remember one of those dumb blonde jokes that had something to do with headphones and a cassette tape that constantly reminded the person "breathe in, breathe out." Does anyone else suffer from the overwhelming feeling that there is little else?

Living in organized society, so it seems, is to be slowly digested by the bowels of spiritual atrophy. I am angry about being complacent, lazy. And I am too lazy to do anything about it. My existence of late is a shrine to Maslow's hierarchy. The theory assumes constant progression, from what I recall. What happens if you have ever self-actualized and later waned into simple physical needs of sleep and water? You lower your standards, and sleep and water suffice. I will leave the why to sociologists and psychologists alike. But there is an agent of spiritual atrophy, a catalyst for prideful idealism and its name is stability-- its rehtoric is to leverage the needs of children in order to satisfy the voracious appetites of the monolithics' need for power and control.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karl said...

Children were once sites of income - now they are sites of expense - your baby needs a job and you need a drink.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Karl said...

I guess you haven't posted the full story yet!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home